Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Demetri's First Birthday



I have a lot of catching up to do! Demetri celebrated his first birthday at Theo Tolis and Thea Heidi's house. We had a pool party with great food and lots of fun! We are so blessed to have so many special people in our lives. Demetri's Godmother, Georgia, and her mom, Thea Vaso, came all the way from Chicago to share this day with us. Ms. Heather and Ms. Raquel flew in all the way from Chicago, too! We decorated with lots of monkeys, of course! And I painted a REALLY cute sign to put in the front yard. Georgia and I put it out front about an hour before the party, but then it started to pour down rain! We were running around taking down all the decorations that we just put up, and we were sure the day would be spent inside. But the clouds opened up and the sun peeked out just in time for his birthday celebration! It was very hot and humid...but it still turned out to be such a nice party!

We received so many nice gifts (even though we said NO GIFTS!). People from all over the US sent gifts, including Ms. Sarah, Aunt Brandy, Thea Tina and family, Thea Stacie, Mama Fer and fam, and Grammy and Pappy Tom (sorry if I am forgetting some!). It is so amazing to see how many people adore my child. He is pretty awesome, if I do say so myself. I am so unbelievably blessed to have him in my life. He has certainly been my strength this past year.

1 comment: