Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Beach Trip with Collins and Owen





It's hard to believe that over 5000 miles have been driven and nine airplane rides have been completed by Demetri and I, and I can honestly say we took our first REAL vacation this past weekend! Every trip we usually take involves running around visiting family and friends, which we thoroughly enjoy...but this trip was a little different. My good friend, Collins and her son, Owen (who is 15 months old) and Demetri and I all went to Wrightsville Beach. Her family has a condo that is GORGEOUS...right on the water on the 8th floor. The view is amazing! We stayed three nights...and totally relaxed! Collins' mom stayed with us, and her Granny visited every day. Our days were filled with walks in the morning on the beach, exploring the sand and water with the boys, swimming in the pool, and of course, glasses of wine on the balcony after the children were in bed. I cannot express my thanks enough to Collins for sharing that trip with her...I very, VERY much needed that break from "life" at this point. Her mom, "Gran Gran" and Granny were so nice on the trip, too! Gran Gran got us pizza Friday night and took us out for a nice dinner on the water Saturday night. Granny made us AWESOME blueberry muffins...which I am looking forward to making myself! It was so nice to catch up with Collins, too. I miss our girl talks and outings that happened so frequently before kids and marriage! I hope that this is the start of a tradition...Mommy and Me vacations at least once a year! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment