Heidi and I were adventurous enough to take another road trip this year! Yes, we did just drive across the country in June, but that made this drive a piece of cake! We drove to Illinois late July for her dad's wedding. I decided to tag-along so I could visit family. It was so nice to visit with Thea Stacie and my cousins: Mike, Jim, and George. Demetri had fun seeing cousin John and Zaylie, too! We got a chance to go up to Downers Grove for a night. We saw the entire Maroulis family, along with the Boulougouris family, Heather and family, Mama and Dad Fer with Ryder, and Gina and her mom. Demetri also had his first carousel ride AND ate Mickey Mouse pancakes at pappou's old restaurant (Pappou is my daddy and Mickey Mouse pancakes are a hit!) We took a ride by my childhood home and got to go inside. I grew up there...23 years...so it was neat to take Demetri's picture out front! All in all, I'd say we had a successful trip! We even got to have Portillo's...TWICE (for those of you non-Chicagoans - it's FAMOUS for its' hot dogs and beef!). The highlight of the trip...baby Eleni, who is only 19mos old, totally kissed my Demetri!!! I told her that there is an application process to dating my son...so she would need to apply next time she decides to steal kisses from my little man! :) It was a GREAT trip and Demetri was SUCH a trooper...he did so awesome in the car both ways! I would say he did better than both me AND Heidi put together! :) I sure hope he continues to enjoy car rides!
As we step into a new chapter of our lives, we shall share our adventures with the world :) Monkey is doing new tricks everyday and I want to share those with the people we love (and those who love us, too!)
Tuesday, August 24, 2010
Trip to Illinois
Heidi and I were adventurous enough to take another road trip this year! Yes, we did just drive across the country in June, but that made this drive a piece of cake! We drove to Illinois late July for her dad's wedding. I decided to tag-along so I could visit family. It was so nice to visit with Thea Stacie and my cousins: Mike, Jim, and George. Demetri had fun seeing cousin John and Zaylie, too! We got a chance to go up to Downers Grove for a night. We saw the entire Maroulis family, along with the Boulougouris family, Heather and family, Mama and Dad Fer with Ryder, and Gina and her mom. Demetri also had his first carousel ride AND ate Mickey Mouse pancakes at pappou's old restaurant (Pappou is my daddy and Mickey Mouse pancakes are a hit!) We took a ride by my childhood home and got to go inside. I grew up there...23 years...so it was neat to take Demetri's picture out front! All in all, I'd say we had a successful trip! We even got to have Portillo's...TWICE (for those of you non-Chicagoans - it's FAMOUS for its' hot dogs and beef!). The highlight of the trip...baby Eleni, who is only 19mos old, totally kissed my Demetri!!! I told her that there is an application process to dating my son...so she would need to apply next time she decides to steal kisses from my little man! :) It was a GREAT trip and Demetri was SUCH a trooper...he did so awesome in the car both ways! I would say he did better than both me AND Heidi put together! :) I sure hope he continues to enjoy car rides!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment