I was inspired to make this list because of a FB friend (Thanks, Erica!). There are 30 days in November….so for each day of the month; I am posting something I am thankful for in the spirit of Thanksgiving.
I AM THANKFUL FOR…
1. Having at least 15.5 years filled with happy memories of an awesome dad. Some people don’t have any at all.
2. Demetri. Every day is amazing with him…I love watching everything about him…his shrieking giggles, his ear-to-ear grins, and even his crazy tantrums. I wouldn’t give it up for the world.
3. Having a mom that has always, always put her children first and who has been there during our greatest moments in life, and at our lowest to pick us back up.
4. My family – for knowing what family is all about. This past year has taught me that more than ever.
5. My brothers…who have been there for me anytime, and any place.
6. My sister-in-law – Heidi – who picked up at a moments notice, flew across the country and accompanied me on a 2,500 mile long car ride home to NC. 4.5 days of driving and 5 nights in a hotel…with a 10-month-old! Truly the greatest!
7. The health of my son, Demetri. God knows it was a scary ride…and we were so blessed to have the outcome we had. I thank God everyday for blessing me with him.
8. Re-connecting with my best friend, Gina, who I gave up for selfish reasons. I will never, ever put anyone in front of true friends again.
9. My 4.5 years with Scott. It is better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all.
10. The occasional girls night out with amazing friends. I am so blessed to have great people in my life.
11. Having a roof over our head and food on the table. Things could be a lot worse. Thank God for my family (again).
12. Snuggle time with Demetri in the mornings and after naps. There are no words to describe a mother’s love.
13. My DVR. If I didn’t get my daily dose of Ellen, I would definitely suffer from depression. Who needs Prozac? ;)
14. All the people in my life – I am surrounded by so many amazing people who have been extremely supportive during this very challenging time of my life.
15. Grande vanilla soy chai’s – which have become a privilege these days rather than a habit (thanks to my very tight budget!)
16. Taking walks on these beautiful Fall days in my mom’s neighborhood…the streets are lined with trees of bright, vibrant Fall colors. It is so peaceful.
17. Kisses from Demetri in the morning...always makes getting up at 5am easier!
18. Unplanned, spontaneous visits with good friends
19. My new crockpot in which I can make warm, healthy dinners for Demetri :)
20. Long distance phone calls to and from Greece...I love the excitement in my
aunt's voice when we talk.
21. Sunday mornings spent in church...Demetri does such a good job sitting nicely!
22. Lazy mornings in pajamas with nothing on the agenda for the day
23. My BIG red Starbucks coffee cup
24. Sleeping in until 6:30am - YES, that is sleeping in these days!
25. Turkey, sweet potatoes, pumpkin pie, and good wine :) Happy Thanksgiving!!!
26. Awesome Black Friday Deals - Christmas shopping done!
27. Fleece pajamas on blustery, cold days
28. The book "The Secret" - I pray I live my life with a positive and optimistic attitude
29. MY NEW BLACKBERRY - and Sprint insurance (in case Demetri decided to sink that phone, too!)
30. My life. Period. I have been so blessed.
I'm likin it!
ReplyDelete