
Sleeping Update: Demetri is FINALLY in his crib! We are going on a week now! He did get sick on Saturday so I must admit there has been a few nights where he ended up in my bed in the middle of the night, but the important thing is that he is going down on his own :) Don't ask about naps...they are not going as well as bedtime!
Besides that, Demetri is really growing! He is saying words now, too! He says "Ball" "Mama" "Dada" "giagia" "doggie" and his latest "uh-oh" - which is now his favorite word. He loves to throw things on the floor and then says "Uh-Oh!" It is the cutest thing ever! He is crawling super fast and has no desire to walk. We continue to go to PT and OT at Duke to support his development. I am confident that he is going to catch up completely soon!
On the go!
Demetri absolutely LOVES to play with his doggie!
He is also trying new foods, but I am still struggling to get him to eat as much as he needs to. He loves avocado, veggie burgers, blueberry pancakes/muffins, yogurt, bananas, squash, sweet potatoes, bread, and scrambled eggs. It's so great that he eats so many foods, but he takes a long time to eat and gets bored. This is something we work on in OT.
Demetri eating his veggie burger
Another night was spent at my good friend, Collins', house. Demetri and Owen seem to get along a little better each time! We took the boys to the pumpkin farm on a Saturday morning. We went on a hayride, which both boys loved as long as it was moving! The nice farmer stopped to tell us a bit about the farm, and both Owen and Demetri had a fit! :) We always look forward to our sleepovers. It gives the boys a chance to build a friendship and Collins and I MUCH needed girl time to catch up on life!
These boys are always getting into trouble!
Enjoying his corn maze walk.
I recently walked the Lungevity Walk with my family in Cary, NC. It was our first walk as a family for a cause that means so much to us. It is to raise awareness about lung cancer and to raise money for the necessary research needed to put an end to it! My dad, Demetrios Demertzis, died in 1996 from lung cancer, and although it has been 14 years, his memory is always with us. I LOVE that my son carries his name. It is so amazing to see how alike they are - not only do they look alike, but they act alike as well! Baby Demetri is quiet the charmer, funny, sweet, and as stubborn as a mule! I know my dad watches over him and is so proud of his first grandson :) I hope that we participate in the Lungevity walk for many years to come.
Theo Tolis prepping Demetri for the walk :)
Demetri and I have been enjoying some good Mommy and Me time. We recently went to the Farmer's Market in Raleigh, storytime at the Library, and the Marbles Museum (which we are now members of thanks to generous gifts from the baptism)! I love taking him out into this world to explore and discover his surroundings. It is so amazing to see the world through a child's eyes (except when you are seeing snakes...which we have seen two of on our walks recently)!
Here he is exploring at the museum...
This week has been pretty eventful for Demetri. He has been sick - for the first time! His fever rose to 103.4 on Saturday and stayed pretty high for all of Sunday. By Monday, his fever was down but major tantrums started. He was definitely not himself! After a trip to the pediatrician on Monday and an "all clear" for ear infections, I began to worry about his shunt. I called the Duke Neurosurgery team who recommended I go in for a CT scan to be sure nothing is going on with his shunt. After 7 hours in the ER, we went home with a clean bill of health (besides the fact that he is still very fussy and under the weather). I am just thankful that the shunt is okay!
I am hoping Demetri starts to feel better REAL soon. We have a big trip to Charlotte this weekend to support Heidi in her Avon Breast Cancer Walk! She has been training for 5 months and we are so excited to witness her accomplishment! I will try not to delay pictures from Charlotte as much as I delayed this post!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment