Sunday, November 28, 2010

Happenings in Monkey Land

Just thought I would post about what's going on over here in Monkey Land. Demetri is doing so good...he is the world's fastest crawler, and he is now starting to stand on his own and take a couple of steps, too. I feel like walking is in our near future. He is now 16 months old and doing new things everyday. He loves to mimic others (wipes his high chair tray with a rag, puts the phone to his ear, etc) and absolutely loves to explore what my mom and I consider "non-explorable" areas. He messes with the blinds, the curtains, crawls behind furniture, plays in flower pots, knocks down floor lamps, and pushes lots of buttons around the house. Demetri is such a boy!


Since my last "real" post, we have embarked on some adventures. We took a trip to Charlotte, NC to cheer Heidi on in the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer, which is 39.2 miles. It was so inspiring that I have decided to jump on board and participate. I will be part of the D.C. crew in April and then I will be walking the Charlotte one next October. Part of my life goal is to participate more in charitable walks - I just feel like they are such a good way to give back. This month, I have participated in a St. Jude's Walk and a Boys and Girls Club 5K. I hope to do many more!






Here is a cute video of Demetri dancing at the Avon Walk...


Halloween also came and went, as did Thanksgiving. Demetri, Nikki, and Mommy were all bumblebees for Halloween. Demetri looked so darn cute in his little costume...OK, so did Nikki! :) We went trick-or-treating for fun - I think next year will be more exciting. Demetri wasn't really too sure what to think of the whole affair. We had Thanksgiving dinner here at the house. He wasn't a huge fan of the dinner...but boy did he eat some pie and ice cream!


Now that the weather is getting cooler, we spend more time outside (the summer was brutal!). Demetri and I try to go to the park a few times a week - even for just a little swing or two). He still loves to be outside. He is also starting to enjoy the ball pit...a lot! It seems that's where he plays the most these days!





He will be having surgery on December 20th to remove the skin tags on his ear that he was born with. Very minor surgery, but still has to go under for it. Please keep him in your thoughts that day!

No comments:

Post a Comment